Monday, October 18, 2010

Life Is Good... The Lord Is Good.

I was peeking around my sister's blog when I came across a blog she posted August 29th.
I decided to read it, honestly, for no particular reason.
There was a video at the end, and as I watched it, I began to cry.
That one video started me on many other videos.
I am not nearly as well written, or spoken, as my sister... But here's what I have to say about that one blog she posted:
I am SO lucky.
I am lucky to be a daughter of God, to be an example for all the world. To remind others that, we all mean something. We are all important. We are ALL loved more than we will EVER be able to comprehend. I am so thankful that I am still here on this earth. I am thankful for my sight, my hearing, working legs, a heart that is still beating.
I know we all go through rough patches, including myself, but our lives are SO good to us, and we don't even realize how lucky we really are. Sure, you may have failed that test, or gotten in a fight with a friend, or had your heart broken.... but things could be so much worse.
BE THANKFUL.
Realize that,
IT'S JUST A TEST. There will be more. Try a little harder next time, study a little longer.
Your friend is still there. Their heart is still beating. Be the bigger person. Say you're sorry, and let them know how important they are to you. Because you never know how long they will be around. Accidents happen every day.
And yes, you've had your heart broken. But is that the most painful thing you could really experience? There are worse things that could happen. This person just wasn't the right one. The RIGHT one, is still on his way.
I forget sometimes, just how much I do love my Savior, and I forget that HE is the one that will always be there to comfort me. No matter what trials I may experience, He will be there to help me through them.
Each trial we go through, makes us stronger. Each and every one.
Keep in mind, others ARE watching you. You ARE influencing someone else's life. You ARE important.
We just forget our worth sometimes.

"Be grateful, Be smart, Be clean, Be true, Be humble, Be prayerful." - President Gordon B. Hinckley

"God will never stop helping us to become quality people. I promise you this. He will constantly help us to be our best when we walk in the light of truth, hope, and appreciation. Make yours a quality life, for you are important to the Lord and to us." - Elder Marvin J. Ashton

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what happened to me!! I watched one and pretty soon, a couple hours had passed and I was just in tears. Don't the Brethren really know how to put it in perspective for you? It's amazing to see how much the Lord blesses us even when we don't think we deserve. If there's one thing I've learned up here, it's that we don't have to be perfect, and we don't even have to be better than someone else. It's a continuing process and we just have to try to be the best we can be. Come up here! I love you!

    ReplyDelete