Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Three Simple Words

I Love You.
How can that one simple phrase, those three little words, only 8 letters long.. have such an impact, and have so many different meanings?
When a boyfriend says it, when a grandma says it, when your best friend says it.
Does anyone really even know what it means? What does I Love You really, really mean?
Does it mean I love your personality? I love your heart? I love your body? I love your spirit? I love how kind you are?
How do you decipher what that I Love You is trying to say?
I have said it to a few people without reallllly understanding what I meant. I think my version of I Love You is 'I love what you've done for me. I love how you've made my life better. I love that you make me smile.'
My version may not be the same as others, but I know mine is just as sincere as theirs.
I don't throw out the real "I Love You"s to just anyone. I give them to people that deserve them.
The people that dont deserve them.. they get they Love Ya's and Love U's.. Yes there is a difference.
Like my parents, my Grandma, my Savior, my best friend, even my boyfriends... they get the meaningful, I Love You.
My parents have put a roof over my head. They have always been on my side, even when I was wrong. They have loved me unconditionally even when I was SO rude to them. They held me through the nights that I cried, and needed comforting. They've taught me important life lessons, through their own experiences.
My savior sent his SON, to die for ME. To bring me that much closer to being able to go home to him someday. He gave me all the natural beauty in the world. A simple flower, a breeze, he even made me wonder how rocks formed the way that they did. He has answered questions that I never could have worked out on my own.
My grandma has helped me through so many problems. Given me such amazing advice. Pushed me to be better. Make better decisions. Showed me that I'm not just a pretty face.
My best friend(s) have been there to tell me when I'm making mistakes, or when I'm making the right choices. They've always offered their best advice. They've helped give me the strength I needed to conquer fears, and mend a broken heart. They've always been there when I needed just someone to listen to my mind, and help me sort everything out.
My boyfriends all gave me something, just something, that made me feel beautiful and precious. Like I was the most important thing in their life.

How is it, three simple words, can change everything around?

No comments:

Post a Comment