Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Loss of Friends

I used to be SO sad that all my friends just vanished.
Gone on missions, gone to college, moved away...
But I think I've ultimately realized.. maybe it's not such a bad thing. 
I get to spend more time with my family, more time to focus on my future, more time to focus on my religion.
My little sister like, REALLY loves me now. Like, I am the big sister she wants.
Now that I don't go out all the time with friends, I can pay bills and pay tithing.. and it has been SO rewarding.
Now that I'm at home so much more, I have such a stronger bond with everyone in my family. Of course, we still fight. But we aren't afraid to tell each other whats really going on anymore. We help each other now. We go out together. Spend time together.

My friends have told me, they've noticed a change in me. 
"Well is it a bad kind of change?"
"No. Not at all. Its' a good change. You've grown up."
Which is pretty refreshing to hear.

I can hold conversations better, now that I'm not texting 24/7. I talk to real people. 
I know ultimately what I want, and now that I know where I'm going.. I know exactly who I need by my side to get there. I really just my family, and the close friends I have now. 

Again.. blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment