Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not What I Wanted in the End


I went on a date with this guy back in December.
He is the sweetest guy ever.
I thought for quite a while that he could be my next boyfriend.
At the time, I thought the date was PERFECT!
But now that I’ve had time to think back to all the details of the date… It was awkward in a lot of ways.
I'm not looking for a guy that is perfect. I want a guy that I have things in common with. A guy I can have fun with. A guy that won’t care how I dance or how long I laugh or how much I stare off into the distance. I want someone that will laugh with me and talk to me when I’m lonely. I want a guy that will decorate my room and leave notes on my car. I WANT a guy with a few flaws. I WANT a guy that’s learned from his mistakes. I like that guys hold my doors open and are sweet enough to ask me on dates; but I don’t want a guy that tries too hard. There IS such a thing as TOO perfect. Most girls want that... but it’s not what I want. I’m not like other girls. My thoughts are different. I can tell if you’ve used a line before. I can tell if you rehearsed a conversation. Just be real with me. That’s all I really ever wanted.
See? There’s just some things I can’t post on MySpace or Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment