Monday, February 6, 2012

We're Gettin' There

Word to the younger: DO NOT GET MARRIED OUT OF STATE. It is the absolute hardest thing you will do to yourself. I cant wait to get married, but everything leading up to it sucks haha. Theres so much more to planning a wedding than i thought. You forget that you have to think about
-keeping in your budget
-what you want your theme to be
-how to incorporate all your colors
-whether you want mason jar centerpieces or vases
-where to print everything for a cheaper price
-where to buy your perfect dress for a decent price
-where everyone will be staying when they come to town
-who will take your photos
-what you want floating on the pool
-who to have cook/cater at the reception
-exactly what food you want, down to the little skewers
-where will we find a DJ that we've never heard

Trust me, theres a lot more. Its the little things that add up.
I have realized though, it gets a lot easier once you see your list slowly deteriorating.
It is the best feeling in the world. I am so glad i have so many people that i can ask for help. Like my Mom, Ashley, Blair, Blairs Mom, etc.

Although planning is difficult, I cant wait for the pay-off.
I cant wait to marry my best friend.
As long as I get to be married to him, nothing else really matters.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. We both just blogged recently after not for a while. It's the twin sisters in us.

    ReplyDelete